Wednesday 23 January 2008

Don't Bullshit Me!

It's barely three weeks since my last post, and already I'm being badgered to do another one. Well I was going to do one anyway so don't think you've won!

Have you ever seen the TV ads for the Nationwide Building Society ? There's one where a chap enters a bank and asks why he's no longer getting the high rate of interest he was getting when the account was first opened. The bank responds, "Ah, that's a special rate for brand new customers only - designed to real 'em in and get 'em hooked". Here's a similar video (the actual one can be found here but sometimes it says you need to be a member to view it).

Well, I find life's like that all over - not just with banks. There's too much telling people what they want to hear rather than telling them how it is. As a Quality Assurance auditor once said to me, "Say what you do and do what you say", this certainly should ring true for life in general.

People are just as much to blame for this as any organisation though in my opinion. I'm sure we've all been drawn into things thinking that they'd turn out better than they actually did at some point. But why ? I think it's just a general overriding will to get on and do well, as most people are genuinely trusting, but there'll be some element of greed from many I'm sure.

So, what's the solution ? I don't know! But I think everyone in the world should at some time say "Stop! Hold on, lets get this straight, tell me how it is and don't pull the wool over my eyes, then we all know what we're dealing with and can put it right."

It's certainly something I shall subscribe to from now on...

TTFN

Disclaimer: The views and opinions I post are the views and opinions of me, and me only, and do not reflect views or opinions of anyone or anything else. Views and opinions are subject to change without notice!

No comments: