Saturday 9 February 2008

Why oh Why ?

I won't beat about the bush. The stupidity of some people/organisations sometimes astounds me. This post relates to a previous one (here) which basically suggests that people and organisations should be honest and upfront about something instead of trying to butter people up and reel 'em in setting false hope and expectation in the process.

For this to happen once is almost excusable - but for the same thing to happen again a matter of weeks later is just totally inexcusable, and in my opinion is nothing short of lies, and at the very best, sharp practice.

Most who read this won't know what or who I'm referring to - and most wouldn't care if they did, but I have to get it off my chest! In all honesty I don't know who is to blame in this particular instance (there are potentially a few possible culprits) but I bet it's the same person/organisation as the last time it happened - all I'll say is that it is not a very progressive way to work.

TTFN

Disclaimer: The views and opinions I post are the views and opinions of me, and me only, and do not reflect views or opinions of anyone or anything else. Views and opinions are subject to change without notice!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey Chris,

I've enjoyed reading through your blog. Is this particular post in regards to 'the organisation' that I know you from?

Hope you're well,

Ryan Jackson :-)

cornclose said...

Hi Ryan,

No, it is not thankfully. I really shouldn't say any more than that. There is a clue in the post, but it's so cryptic as to be useless! :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cornclose said...

Bernadette, I'm sorry but none of your comments made any sense to me and as a result of that and because of the nature of some of them, they have been removed.

Ashtonian said...

I know what you mean, tell me about it! Especially the ones that blab on about register the software so we can tell you about updates and the like.
I had some software where some updates were promised Easter 2007, they never came of course. In the end I just removed the thing from my computer.